HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grandma's Snicker Doodle Cookies

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here. Our grandmother passed away Christmas morning. Some people would think that it should have been a sad day...but it wasn't. We'll miss her immensely, but we were comforted by the fact that she didn't have to suffer. (She had been diagnosed two weeks earlier with pancreatic cancer.) Right up to the very end, she was thinking of everyone else by leaving earth life when it would be most convenient for family and friends to come together to celebrate her life. Because her funeral was during the Christmas break, everyone got to attend and it really was quite a joyful occasion.

This past Sunday evening I learned that another grandparent had passed away. He wasn't a direct grandfather, but he was a Grandparent Superhero by his incredible love and amazing example.

If you ask my kids about their memories of Grandma, they'll be sure to include stories of her Snicker Doodle cookies. One time, my kids had a cookie eating contest to see who could eat the most Snicker Doodles (I happened to have been out during this grand moment of brain loss.) We got to enjoy the game for weeks as my youngest WON the contest and shared the spoils later that night by literally tossing his cookies all over the car!

As we were clearing out Grandma's things we came across a treasure... a copy of her cookie recipe. I knew immediately what needed to be done! Each of my kids got a copy in ornament form.

These cookies are GOOD! We'll share the cookie recipe here. If you want to finish the project, it's been designed for a 5x6 placard. To finish the backside of the ornament, you can use scrap book paper (pink - on right), fabric (brown dots - on left) or personalize it with a family picture (center one is going to my son in the Netherlands so he can enjoy a little bit of Grandma love!!!)

We'll be offering this project at our March class at Deseret Book for those local to the Salt Lake area.

Get recipe cards here. (BIG file, be patient while it loads!)

Still trying to think of something to keep our memories of Stan close to our heart. More to come!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I don't think I ever had the famous Snickerdoodles, but I'm going to make them and use them as an opportunity to share stories of Louise with my family. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

love the recipe ornament idea

GUIDE1903 said...

Admiring the hard work you put into your blog and detailed information you provide. Great read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account!
한국야동