HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Friday, April 30, 2010

Last Call - Who Do You Think You Are?

Running hard at the National Genealogy Conference that is being held on my home turf in Salt Lake City this week. Have much to share, but will have to wait until next week as we're running out the door to get back to the conference.

In the meantime....

Don't forget to set your VCR, DVR, TIVO or whatever wonderful contraption that you use to record TV shows for your watching convenience. Tonight is the LAST episode for this season's "Who Do You Think You Are?" series. Spike Lee's will be sharing his family stories. Personally, my favorite episode was last week's journey with Susan Sarandon. It was a good lesson that every story has at least two sides to it. It was also a powerful reminder that we need to know our past to truly appreciate our future.

My kids are even hooked on the show!

2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I was so great to meet you at the conference..enjoyed your booth and all of your products! I will post the Family Tree as soon as I get it finished..I'm pooed! Can't say I have a longer but more enjoyable week in some time.
Hope you're rested and had a grat show :-)

Lauri said...

I agree with some of Momma's points on the Spike Lee episode, but the point that I found powerful was Spike's confession for missing his chance to learn more about his family from his maternal grandmother:

"I squandered many opportunities to ask her {Mama}, to interview her on camera, what she knew about her family. Being a film maker, I should have been filming her, interviewing her left and right. You take stuff for granted that [family members]are going to be here forever. And then when they're gone..."

I guess I felt more of a connection because I have similar regrets.

I recently heard that WDYTYA has been picked up for another season! Yay!! Momma Mig might not want to hear that they are using many of the same celebrities. I think they need to open it up to 'everyday folk'...LIKE ME!