HOME     PROJECTS     STORIES     PHOTO WIZARD     ABOUT     WEBSITE

Monday, February 22, 2010

Easy St. Patrick's Day Project

When I say easy...I mean super EASY!! Found this St. Patrick's Day Printable at Pumpkin Petunia. I think it makes a perfect way to spread some St. Patrick's Day cheer ...and it's one that I might actually do because it's so easy!
Project calls for shiny new pennies. Jo-Ann recommends checking with your local bank, but if that doesn't work, she includes a recipe for cleaning your own pennies. (Sounds like the perfect kid job!) All that's left is to print her downloadable template onto cardstock, cut out the squares and glue the pennies in place.
Everyone likes to share happy memories. Holidays make a perfect backdrop for memories because it's an easy way to pinpoint the event...and you can recreate the memory year after year in the form of a tradition.
Today is February 22. St. Patrick's Day is March 17. 23 days seems like more than enough time to pull off some sort of memorable activity that will create the type of family story that will have your kids telling their kids. I'm going to get started on this project. It's a perfect way to remember my grandfather 'Pops.' He had a little gate in the back yard that opened into a shopping center. He and I would go over hand-in-hand to buy the treat 'du jour.' I am not sure I can remember a single trip that did not involve him picking up a dropped coin. He loved to tell me "Find a penny, pick it up and all day long, you'll have good luck!
Wishing you GREAT luck in the making of your next family story!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea. Thank you for sharing.